Requirements for Courses
Courses offered by us have requirements that need to be met before you will be admitted for study. For all courses, you will need to complete a registration form and provide a reference. Just choose the desired course and click the ‘Enroll now’ button. Only when both the registration and reference are received by us will you be considered registered for your chosen course.
Our courses are conducted in English, unless otherwise stated. Your command of English should be sufficient for you to study Srila Prabhupada’s books, and be favorably assessed.
Most courses have a service charge, which can be paid on arrival in Mayapur. Unless you have been granted a scholarship, you will not be permitted to begin a course unless you have remitted the service charge for your course.
Good sadhana, brahminical tendencies, voluntary service, proficiency in English and a recommendation/character sketch from a senior devotee who knows you well is required in general for all sastric courses. Assessment criteria include attendance and personal conduct.
Following are the minimum specific requirements for admission to each course:
Bhakti-sastri (and all sastric and BOEX approved title courses)
- You must chant 16 rounds of japa daily and follow the four regulative principles.
- You must be recommended by an ISKCON authority who knows you well, certifying that you have been engaged favorably in the preaching mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu for at least the previous 12 months.
- The Bhakti Sastri course requires the students to read all the 5 books such as Bhagavad Gita, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction, Ishopanishad and Srila Prabhupada Lilamrita before commencing the course. We can accept your registration on your assurance that you will read these books at least once before coming for the course. This is required because the course is interactive and conducted as discussions and other group activities based on the books. So it is essential that you read these books to be able to participate and fully benefit from the course.
- You must be 18 years or above in age.
- as for the Bhaktivaibhava Module 1 Course, plus
- You must have completed the Bhaktivaibhava Module 1 Course.
- as for the Pre qualifying Course, plus
- You must have completed the Pre qualifying Course.
- You must have completed VTE Teacher Training Course 1