Paramparā-vaibhava is a course on the lives and teachings of Śrīla Prabhupāda and his predecessor ācāryas in the Gauḍīya Vaiṣṇava-paramparā. In particular, the lives and teachings of the following ācāryas will be kept in focus:
- Śrīla Prabhupāda with Science of Self-realization
- Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura with Gauḍīya-kaṇṭha-hāra
- Śrīla Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura with Āmnāya-sūtra
- Śrīla Baladeva Vidyābhūṣaṇa with Prameya-ratnāvalī
- Śrīla Viśvanātha Cakravartī Ṭhākura with Mādhurya-kādambinī
- Śrīla Narottama dāsa Ṭhākura, Śrīla Śyāmānanda Prabhu and Śrīla Śrīnivāsa Ācārya with Prema-bhakti-candrikā and Catuḥ-ślokī-bhāṣy
- Śrīla Kṛṣṇadāsa Kavirāja Gosvāmī with Teachings of Lord Caitanya
- The six Gosvāmīs of Vṛndāvana with Stava-mālā, Kṛṣṇa-līlā-stava, Manaḥ-śikṣā, Brahma-saṁhitā-ṭīkā and an excerpt from Sat-kriyā-sāra-dīpikā
In these classes, the writings of the ācāryas will be presented to the students in the original languages in which they were written, and students will be given information about how to procure their English translations within ISKCON. The biographies of the above-recognized ācāryas will also be those written and published within ISKCON, except for Śrīla Baladeva and Śrīla Viśvanātha, for which we will take information from Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura. For Śrīla Prabhupāda, we will cover the multi-volume Prabhupāda-līlāmṛta.
This course is the Mayapur Institute's latest addition to its Advanced Śāstric Studies. It will be free for those who have been accepted as students.
Those who are already students in one of the following courses can simply inform us in writing if they are interested in becoming students in Paramparā-Vaibhav and they will be inducted: (1) Teachings of Caitanya-caritāmṛta, (2) Bhāgavata-prabhā, (3) Bhāgavatāmṛta-vicāra and (4) Nāmāśrayā Bhakti.
Others interested in becoming students in Paramparā-Vaibhav will need to fill up a form. Candidates who have been approved will be accepted through an e-mail of acceptance.
The classes will be conducted via Zoom. There will be a forum in Telegram to handle additional questions from the students.
Date: 7th November 2021 - 29th December 2026*
Class Timings: Every Sunday 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM IST and Every Thursday 5 PM to 7 PM IST
The course will consist of the eight modules enlisted below.
One module will be taught on Sundays and another module on Thursdays. Each session will contain 90 minutes of class and 30 minutes of QA.
The number of sessions noted here is tentative.
1. Śrīla Prabhupāda: The Perfect Master taught by Acintya Caitanya dāsa and Vidvān Gaurāṅga dāsa in 109 sessions (Sundays)
a. Prabhupāda-līlāmṛta in 90 sessions including a chronological integration of Prabhupāda-līlā; taught by Acintya Caitanya dasa
Prabhupāda Nectar: 11
sessions; taught by Vidvān Gaurāṅga dāsa. Science of Self-Realization: 8
sessions; taught by Vidvān Gaurāṅga dāsa
2. The Life and Teachings of Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura taught by Vidvān Gaurāṅga dāsa in 105 sessions (Thursdays)
a. A Ray of Viṣṇu: 9 sessions
b. Bhaktisiddhānta-vaibhava: 73 sessions
3. The Life and Teachings of BhaktivinodaṬhākura taught by Vidvān Gaurāṅga dāsa in 37 sessions
a. Seventh Goswami: 13 sessions
commentary: 24 sessions
4. The Life and Teachings of Baladeva Vidyābhūṣaṇa taught by Vidvān Gaurāṅga dāsa in 25 sessions
a. [Brief biography from BSST’s introduction to Vidvad-rañjana]: 1 session
Kānti-mālā and Gauḍīya-bhāṣya: 24 sessions
5. The Life and Teachings of Viśvanātha Cakravartī taught by Vidvān Gaurāṅga dāsa in 10 sessions
a. [Brief biography from BSST’s introduction to Rasika-rañjana]: 1 session
6. The Life and Teachings of Śrī Narottama, Śrī Śyāmānanda and Śrī Śrīnivāsa taught by Padmanayana dasa in 28 sessions
a. The Lives of Vaiṣṇava Saints: 14 sessions
b. Prema-bhakti-candrika of Śrī Narottama with Viśvanātha Cakravartī’s commentary: 9 sessions
Śrīnivāsācārya: 5 sessions
7. The Life and Teachings of Śrīla Kṛṣṇadāsa Kavirāja Goswami taught by Vidvān Gaurāṅga dāsa in 35 sessions
a. [Brief biography from BSST’s introduction to Caitanya-caritāmṛta]: 1 session
of Lord Caitanya: 33 + 1 sessions
8. The Life and Teachings of the Six Goswamis by Vidvān Gaurāṅga dāsa in 213 sessions
a. The Six Goswamis of Vrindavana: 14 sessions
b. Stava-mālā of Śrī Rūpa Goswami with the commentary of Baladeva Vidyābhūṣaṇa: 82 sessions
c. Kṛṣṇa-līlā-stava of Śrī Sanātana Goswami: 12 sessions
d. Manaḥ-śikṣā of Śrī Raghunātha dāsa Goswami with Bhaktivinoda’s commentary: 26 sessions
e. Brahma-saṁhitā with commentaries of Śrī Jīva Goswami and Śrī Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura: 59 sessions
f. [Introduction to] Sat-kriyā-sāra-dīpikā of Śrī Gopāla Bhaṭṭa Goswami: 20 session