HG Damodar Das
- Damodar Das is a graduate (B Tech) from the Mechanical Engineering Department at the IIT Bombay. He also completed his masters (M Tech) in Design and Automation from the same institute in 2003.
- While studying in the 1st year itself, in 1998, he came in touch with the devotees of ISKCON and took a keen interest in studying Bhagavad Gita, along with his academics. He received his 1st initiation from H.H Radhanath Swami Maharaj in the year 2001. After completing his masters, he worked for two years in the corporate world.
- Seeking for the Absolute Truth and also in order to spread the timeless wisdom of Bhagavad Gita to the people in general, he decided to dedicate his life by giving all his time for Spreading this message.
- He heads the Kitchen dept, and is also a member of Management Counsel at ISKCON Chowpatty. Under his able guidance, the Kitchen at ISKCON Chowpatty is ISO 2001:22000 certified. The temple has also been recently certified to be green temple with Zero Wastage. His kitchen team has been successfully organizing "Mega Yatra kitchen on Wheels" with latest technology and thus feeding over 5000 devotees in Annual Kartik Yatras and over 10000 people everyday in Kumbha Melas, which received a full episode coverage in NAT GEO Mega Kitchens.
- He has helped setting up 'State of the Art' Kitchens at many ISKCON temples like Kolkata, Pune, Mayapur FFL, Vrindavan, Juhu Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Nasik, Gurgaon, Kanpur, Nagpur, Goa etc.
- He takes Journey of Self Discovery Courses for the new entrants and also is a faculty, for the last 6 years, in Mumbai University recognized "Bhaktivedanta Vidyapitha" for teaching Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam and Chaitanya Caritamrita at the award winning Govardhan Eco Village.
- He is currently leading the Devotee Care Team for the Brahmacaris at ISKCON Chowpatty.
- In person, he is known for his sweets preparation and sweet enlivening talks on the scriptures.